You have been shortlisted to complete a paid trial for a part time writing position.
NOTE: Contact me if you are having trouble with any of these steps. If you have any questions, feel free to message me on UpWork. You are also welcome to add me on Skype (eben.lingenfelder). If you don’t get a hold of me on Skype, send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I hope that these instructions are clear enough that you will be able to complete them without having to contact me.
Please follow the steps below very carefully:
- Open Chrome web browser
- Install the Keywords Everywhere extension to your Chrome browser (click here for the extension)
- Get an API key for Keywords Everywhere by visiting this link
- Open the AnswerThePublic.com website in Chrome. Set the country = US, and do a search for one of the below keywords:
- furniture removal
- home waterproofing
- wedding photographer
- inversion table
- moving house
- Once the search has completed, go to the Questions section and click on the Data tab. You will see a number of words\phrases and a little section [10/mo – $1.20] after each phrase. This indicates how many times a phrase is searched for in Google (10 times per month in this example), and what advertisers are paying per click ($1.20 in this example).
- I want you to choose any of the phrases that have more than [0/mo] searches. This will be the topic of your trial article.
- Once you have chosen a phrase, you will write a 250-350 word article on this topic.
- Make sure to include at least one sub-heading in the article
- Keep sentences and paragraphs short.
- VERY IMPORTANT: Use Grammarly.com to ensure your grammar and spelling is correct.
- If your UpWork job posting is for more than one article, repeat the above steps for the other articles before submitting your articles on UpWork.
- NOTE: If your task is to write 3 articles, you can decide whether to write them on 1 topic, or on 3 different topics.
- Once I have received all of your articles, I will give you 5* feedback and leave a review on UpWork.
I look forward to receiving your articles!