My name is Eben, and I am the founder of Katakuru. If you are on this page, you are likely interested in writing for us.
Firstly, let’s talk about the content required.
The content is for local business websites.
Example 1: A local garage door company needs an article titled: “3 Tips in keeping your wooden garage door looking great”
Example 2: A local chiropractor needs an article titled: “How chiropractic can help relieve colic in babies”
Example 3: A local web design company needs an article titled: “7 Web Design Trends To Watch in 2019”
Articles will typically be in the 350-700 word range, although we do the occassional longer article as well.
We also require some short form content. These are typically used for emails, social media, etc. These might be 100-150 word updates that fit with the articles that were written.
These are NOT research-intensive articles. I write alot of these articles myself, and I typically finish most articles in 30 minutes or less.
This position is NOT for you if:
- You need a detailed brief to write an article.
- You charge by the hour.
- You only want to stick to one kind of writing.
- You take hours to research basic topics.
This position is for you if:
- You can follow instructions closely.
- You can think outside the box to solve problems.
- You can deliver articles quickly.
- You can deliver these articles.
- You charge per 100 words.
- You are keen to get more work from a growing digital marketing agency.
- You like writing about a large variety of topics.
Initial rate will be R40 per 100 words. If you can prove you worth, and have a high quality of writing, there is room to grow this rate to R80 per 100 words.
Please only apply if you are comfortable working for the initial rate.
If you have some keyword research experience, and can put an article together with basic optimization and formatting. I am not talking mentioning a keyword three times, and calling it SEO-optimized.
If you are interested in the position, follow these steps closely:
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Interested in writing position: <YourName>
- Include 3 samples of recent articles that can easily be attributed to you.
- Include 2-3 paragraphs as an intro for an article titled: “Why copywriting is critical to your website’s success”
If I like your intro, I will pay you to write the full article at a rate of R40 per 100 words. See this as a paid trial. If you can deliver a quality article, we can discuss a rate that is aligned with your quality of work.